I’ve never been a big gym person or a runner. In fact I’m pretty sure I was coincidentally home “sick” on the days we had to run the mile for P.E. back in grade school. For as long as I can remember the only way I can get myself to exercise is if it’s fun. Since bikini season has arrived I’ve been feeling the need to get the blood flowing and tone up a bit. Here’s my top 5 ways I like to get in shape without feeling like it’s a chore.
1. Hiking — I’m spoiled by living in Santa Barbara where there’s tons of amazing hiking trails. The beau and I have a few favorites that we like to do on weekend mornings.
2. Yoga — After having back surgery years ago, yoga is one of my favorite ways to stretch my limbs out and work on my core strength. I found a favorite studio and class that plays good music, which keeps me motivated.
3. Walking — Sometimes after a long day of work I’ll catch up with a friend and go for a quick hour long speed walk through the neighborhood.
4. Tracy Anderson Work Out Videos — What I would give to take one of her classes live. I love doing her mat and warm up videos that work muscles I didn’t even realize I had. And I kinda love that she’s Gwyneth Paltrow’s trainer too.
5. Dancing — Impromptu dance parties are a normal thing in my household. And let me tell you, it is the best way to burn some calories.