When it comes to makeup I strive to achieve a flawless, natural look most of the time, with the exception of smokey eyes and red lips for something more dramatic. I’m always testing out new products that I find in magazines or tips from makeup artists at photo shoots—slight product obsession here, guilty!—but there are a handful of them that I now can’t live without. Here are my basic makeup necessities that I swear by.
1. Dallas by Benefit—The perfect blend of bronzer and blush. I love sweeping this across my cheekbones and forehead for a flushed glow.
2. Laura Mercier Pressed Mineral Powder with SPF—I wear this powder everyday because it doesn’t cause break-outs and is light. It evens my skin tone and gives a slight glow.
3. Laura Mercier Blending Brush—I splurged once on brushes and haven’t regretted it since. Good brushes make the world of a difference and last forever. I use this one for my mineral powder and bronzer.
4. YSL Radiant Touch Concealer—Truly the best way to redeem yourself after a late night. I use this highlighter/concealer on dark circles and to even skin tone. I keep one in my purse and one at home.
5. Laura Mercier Eye Basics—This eye base does wonders for brightening eyes and covering up redness on the eye lids. Most of the time I just were this alone without eye shadow.
6. Chanel Inimitable Mascara—I have tried so many mascaras (see here) but this one seems to take the cake when it comes to the brush.
7. Trish McEvoy Classic Eye Pencil in black—I wear eyeliner almost everyday and this one I’ve found is the easiest to apply since the texture is creamier than most. It also smudges really well.
8. Trish McEvoy Brush 55—Using this brush when applying foundation is ten times better than just using a sponge or fingers. It gives that flawless application.
9. Trish McEvoy Even Skin Foundation—Since this foundation is water-based, it goes on so smooth and gives my skin a dewy appearance. I have über sensitive skin and this has never made me break-out.
10. Aquaphor—I never leave home without it. I use this healing ointment on my lips, cheeks and hands. It’s also great for blending with lipsticks.
11. Trish McEvoy Eyeshadows—I don’t wear eyeshadow everyday, but the few I use the most are Heather, Tawny, Raisin, Deep Aubergine and Deep Amethyst.
12. Tom Ford Blush Nude Lipstick—I can’t get enough of this pale lip color. It truly is the perfect nude on it’s own and a basic tone to mix with other shades.
13. Trish McEvoy Brush 29—The perfect brush for blending eyeshadows.