Sometimes the best appetizers are the ones that take no time at all. Last year I went to a Mexican-style dinner party during fiesta and couldn’t leave without asking what brand the tortilla chips were. Turns out the perfectly greasy/crunchy/salted chips were homemade. Thinking it was an involved process the chef quickly proved me wrong and filled me in on how über easy they are to make—no deep fryer needed. Over the weekend I whipped up a batch with some homemade guacamole. See the recipe below!
Homemade Tortilla Chips:
• Cut corn or flower tortillas into mini triangles
• Coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil
• Arrange tortilla slices and spray with vegetable oil and sprinkle with coarse salt
• Bake at 400º until golden (about 5 – 10 minutes)
• Sprinkle with salt and lime
• Best when served with a cold Modelo (or margarita!) and homemade guacamole.